Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Cincinnati Week 2

Hello everyone!!!!!! 

So this is going to be a little bit of a short email today because I don't have a whole lot of time. This morning was eaten up because we had to take our car in to the mechanic because Sister Evensen drove into a ditch. She got the car stuck and two of the wheels were not touching the ground! But luckily there were some nice men out mowing a lawn that came and helped us get the car unstuck, but we had to take it in because it looked like there was a leak (it was just the AC condensation. but we are just uneducated girls who know nothing about cars.) Also I got my hair cut! and that took forever but now my head feels lighter. ( I only cut it to shoulder length so I can still put it in ponies.)

So this week has been really busy. We have met a lot of new people to teach but haven't had many follow up lessons. A couple really cool stories are to follow. 

So we were heading into an appointment with a little girl and her mom and there were these two ladies sitting outside of the apartment complex smoking and Sister Evensen decided to offer them a card because we are supposed to talk with everyone. So we started talking with them about their religious beliefs and both of them said that they worship God in their cars and that was good enough for them. We talked with them for about an hour just back and forth about Christ and it was amazing then when we had to leave we asked them if they would be baptized (because we ask everyone) and they were SOOo interested in being baptized!!!!!!!!! It was insane how much they changed in that short conversation!!!!! 

Then another time we were 2-2-5ing one of the ladies that we had met at that apartment complex but she lived at a different apartment complex and this lady opens the door and gives us a weird look. We gave her our whole schpiel about missionaries and she was sort of interested but said she smokes weed and didn't like to be told how to live her life. Then after talking with her for 20 min she always said she wants to be baptized!!!!!!! it has been so awesome!!

One other fun story is yesterday we were at a dinner appointment and the family had a non-member over. We had a nice conversation with him and shared a scripture and then he left. We later went to a less active member's home to visit them and ended up 2-2-5ing around their house and was referred to a different neighbor to see if he needed any service because his wife had died the year before. So we walk up the street to this house and knock on the door and the same guy from dinner answered the door!!!! It was so amazing!! we weren't able to set up a return appointment but did give him our phone number to call if he ever needs any help! 

I have really seen an increase in blessings this week and I realized that it was because my dad was back at the temple and was saying the prayer. It was really amazing to be able to see the difference in the work when my dad is also serving the Lord. 

Also this week we went on exchanges!! I went to a different area called Cherry Grove which is right next to my current area. It was a lot of fun! I was with Sister Peterson (the same one that everyone knows) and we met some great people!! 

My companion and I have started to read the Book of Mormon together starting today. We read 5 pages a day. It seems like a lot but it has been really easy. I would like to invite all of you to do this with us. Start at the beginning and read 5 pages a day. I promise you that as you do this you will be able to feel the spirit even more and will be able to focus better on everything. 

I don't have much more time so I'm going to cut it off here. I love you all!!

Lots of Love
Sister Fox

No comments:

Post a Comment